You may have similar questions as How To Clean Brass Hinges and How To Clean Old Brass Hinges,or you may also seek several useful information about How To Clean A Brass Toilet Seat Hinge. In addition,you may be interested in answers related to Solid Brass Hinges,too. Read more as following:
Use some warm water and mild dish washing soap to clean the brass hinges first to clean all the crud off of them. Then use lemon juice or vinegar to clean the rough tarnished stains. Do not leave the lemon juice on for more then a minute if possible, this well harm the brass. After you have gotten the brass hinges clean, use some brass polish on them to shine them up.
1. Pour 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 cup of white vinegar into a bowl. 2. Sprinkle in flour slowly, stirring the ingredients until a consistent paste forms. 3. Dab a cleaning rag in the paste, and rub a thin layer of the homemade paste across the hinges. Let… More »
1. Dampen a soft cloth in a solution of mild dish detergent or hand soap and wipe the brass hinges with the cloth to remove surface dirt and debris. Use only hand soaps that do not contain added lotions. 2. Dilute a small amount of white vinegar or l… More »
1. Fill a small container with 1/2 cup of white vinegar and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt. Put on a pair of gloves to protect your hands from germs while cleaning. 2. Dip a cloth into the vinegar mixture and apply it to the brass toilet hinges. Lift the… More »
1. Moisten a cotton cloth with a few drops of mild dish detergent. Wipe the brass hinges with the cloth to remove surface dirt and debris. 2. Remove protective coating. Work in a well-ventilated area and protect your work surface. Apply lacquer thinn… More »
1. Scrub off the protective coating. Use steel wool or a scrubbing pad to wear away the protective rust-proof coating of the brass hinges. Natural wear and tear usually leads to the rust-proof coating fading away, thereby making the hinges more susce… More »
1. Determine whether your hinge is brass or brass plated. Solid, lacquered brass can be refinished, while brass plated hinges cannot. If you do not know whether the brass you have is solid, a local metal refinsher can tell you. Brass plated hinges th… More »