You may have similar questions as How To Hang Pictures On Plaster Walls and How To Hang Pictures On A Lathe Plaster A Wall,or you may also seek several useful information about How To Hang Heavy Pictures On Plaster Walls. In addition,you may be interested in answers related to Prepare a Plaster Wall for Painting,too. Read more as following:
If the picture is small and/or light just carefully nail a picture hook into the wall. If it is a heavy picture use a wall anchor placed into a stud. Plaster walls are quite capable of holding the weight of a heavy picture.
You have to make sure that you use drywall bits and screws, and then drill hole first, so as not to crack plaster. This will give it a strong hold…. More »
1. Make a pencil mark on the surface of the wall at the location you need to hang the picture. 2. Select a drill bit that matches the diameter of a wood screw. Lock the drill bit in the chuck of a drill motor. 3. Align the tip of the drill bit with t… More »
1. Make a pencil mark on the wall where you would like to hang your picture. 2. Use a 1/8-inch drill bit and drill through the plaster wall at your mark. Move the bit around the hole, in a circular motion, to open the hole wide enough to allow the fo… More »
1. Hold the picture up to the wall. Mark the picture’s top edge with a piece of painter’s tape. Flip the picture around and measure from the frame’s top edge down to the hanging bracket. For picture frames with two brackets, measure the distance betw… More »
1. Place a stud finder over the wall to locate an internal stud. Even though the wall is plaster there are still wooden beams behind it which can support paintings. 2. Mark the area where you found the stud and place duct tape over it. Mark a spot on… More »
1. Attach a drill bit smaller than the size of the screw to the drill. 2. Drill a small hole in the plaster. Stop when the drill hits the lathe. 3. Spread adhesive caulk on the back of the washer. 4. Put the metal washer on the stem of the screw with… More »