Health Problems & Symptoms
Position:Health Problems 101 > Disorder > Content

What is the difference between an autosomal recessive disorder and an autosomal dominant disorder?

One copy of a mutated gene necessary to be effeted by autosomal dominant and 2 genes for autosomal recessive! ! Any Suggestions here?

8 comments

  1. Tawna Reply:

    Genetic disorders are illnesses caused by abnormalities in the genes or chromosomes. Autosomal dominant inheritance is caused by a mutated gene that is located in one of X-linked recessive inheritance differs between males and females. Codominant Inheritance is when each of the parents contributes a different Source:http://www.ehow.com/about_5576741_history-genetic-diseases.html

  2. Delmy Reply:

    Autosomal recessive disorder is a disorder that you can only get both of your chromosomes are defective. For example, the Punnett Square, let’s say lower case r is the defective chromosome and upper case R is normal; both of your parents ar

  3. Giovanna Reply:

    n.pl Genetic disorders that are transmitted by a dominant gene within an autosomal chromosome as opposed to a sex chromosome. Source:http://www.answers.com/topic/autosomal-dominant-disorders

  4. Annett Reply:

    n.pl Genetic disorders carried by a recessive gene within an autosomal chromosome as opposed to a sex chromosome. Source:http://www.answers.com/topic/autosomal-recessive-disorders

  5. Rubi Reply:

    sickle cell anemia Source:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_of_these_is_an_autosomal_recessive_disorder

  6. Kelsie Reply:

    Is diabetes mellitus autosomal recessive, or autosomal dominant?

  7. Remedios Reply:

    Autosomal recessive disorder is a disorder that you can only get both of your chromosomes are defective! For example, the Punnett Square, lets say lower case r is the defective chromosome and upper case R is normal; both of your parents are carriers, meaning they have Rr chromosomes; only the offspring with rr has the recessive disorder, which is a 25% chance of getting it!Dominant disorder is a disorder that you get when you have only one defective chromosome! For example, your parents are carriers (Rr), all offspring with RR and Rr have the disorder, which is a 75% of getting it!

  8. Nannette Reply:

    Difference between an autosomal recessive disorder and an autosomal dominant disorder? recessively and dominantly inherited disorders Autosomal

Your Answer

Spamer is not welcome,every link should be moderated.

*

*