You may have similar questions as How to Trim a Fig Tree and How To Prune A Fig Tree,or you may also seek several useful information about When to Prune Fig Trees. In addition,you may be interested in answers related to Pruning Fig Trees,too. Read more as following:
Winter is the best time to prune established fig trees as the tree is in its dormant stage. Remove any diseased or dead wood, and remove branches not coming from the fruiting wood you have selected.
1. Purchase a young healthy fig tree from a reputable nursery. Make sure it looks sturdy and strong. 2. Plant the tree in the location you desire. Make sure the ground is moist and allows for adequate draining. 3. Use a sharp knife or scissors to tri… More »
1. Inspect your fig tree for dead or diseased branches, which need to be removed for the health of the tree. These branches may appear brown, discolored or shriveled. They may ooze sap or sport growths or cankers. You will easily be able to identify… More »
Pruning fig trees is necessary to get rid of diseased branches, promote health and stimulate flower production in the early years. After the early years, the fig tree will produce a crop with or without a great deal of pruning but may be necessary to… More »
1. Study the shape of your indoor fig tree. Mentally divide the tree into thirds. The top third is the canopy, the middle is the trunk, and the bottom is the lower part of the trunk and the container. Get a feel for the proportions of the canopy. If… More »
1. Prune off any branches pushing against structures with pruners or loppers. Pacific Northwest gardeners may plant their fig tree next to walls or structures to increase radiant heat in order to help keep their trees warm in their cold winters. 2. C… More »
1. Identify dead or broken limbs, including those injured in winter frosts. Remove destroyed limbs as soon as possible after the damage, regardless of the season, to prevent the branch from falling and ripping the bark. Snip the branch with the pruni… More »