You may have similar questions as How to Make an African Violet Bloom and How To Care For African Violets,or you may also seek several useful information about How To Take Care Of African Violets. In addition,you may be interested in answers related to Taking Care of African Violets,too. Read more as following:
African Violets should be grown indoors by a window. They like a little sunlight. Before watering the plants you will need to let the water sit in the watering can for at least eight hours.
You need African violet fertillizer. Water 1/2 strength fertilizer every time you water. Wam it a little in the microwave. Put the warm water in a small bowl set the plant into the water and let it soak it up if it uses up all the water fill it with… More »
1. African violets do best when the temperature is between 60 and 76 degrees. Putting them in windows that face the east or north in the summer and facing the south in the winter seems to work best. Shade the plants from direct sun. If they do not ge… More »
1. Mind the African violet’s persnickety temperament. When it comes to growing conditions, African violets are more particular than most plants. The good news is that they “speak” to you. They let you know immediately when they’re not happy—their lea… More »
1. Select a wide, shallow pot for your African violets. For a small starter plant, a 2- to 4-inch pot is fine; for a full-size plant, increase the pot size by 1 inch over the size of pot the plant is currently in. 2. Use potting soil specially formul… More »
1. Fill a pot with a mixture of half commercial potting mix and half vermiculite. Use a pot with a drainage hole in the bottom. 2. Cut a leaf from a healthy African violet plant. Leave a 1- to 2-inch stem connected to the leaf. Make the cut at an ang… More »
1. Fill a growing container with commercially prepared potting mix designed for African violets. Make certain that the container has holes in the bottom to promote good drainage. 2. Place the roots of the plant into the mix at the depth they original… More »