You may have similar questions as How To Reset My Chiming Clock and How To Reset The Chime On A Grandfather Clock,or you may also seek several useful information about How Do I Synchronize Chime Clock. In addition,you may be interested in answers related to Setting Clock Chimes,too. Read more as following:
Once you have wind up both spring motors of the clock, turn the minute hand around til your here the chime. Next, count how many times the chime sounds and set the hour hand to that number. Lastly, take the minute and and turn till the right time is set, start your pendulum and you are set.
1. Place one forefinger gently on the minute hand and push it lightly over to the number 12. Your clock will now naturally emit a series of chimes. Count how many chimes it emits and remember this number. 2. Move the hour hand very gently to this num… More »
1. Stop the pendulum on the grandfather clock when it starts to chime and mark the time. This is to make sure that the chime is operating at the designated time on the clock. 2. Remove the small nut that holds the minute hand in place using the plier… More »
1. Set the time. Move the minute hand counterclockwise. Don’t turn the hour hand. It will move on its own, in tandem with the minute hand. 2. Keep moving the hand past the top of the dial. Don’t wait for the clock to chime as the minute hand passes e… More »
1. Check the position of the minute hand of the clock when the top-of-the-hour strike occurs. If it is a few minutes before or after the hour when the clock strikes, the minute hand requires an adjustment. 2. Open the access panel door to the pendulu… More »
1. Open the clock up and locate the movement piece, which is comprised of two brass or metal plates with gears in it. Each gear has a brass wheel with a steel arbor and pivot. The pivot sits between the plates with an oil sink for each pivot found on… More »
Chime clocks commonly play "Westminster," "Ave Maria" or Beethoven’s "Ode to Joy." The chime is selected using a switch on the side of the clock. "Westminster" is often abbreviated in the label to "West." "Ave Maria" and "Ode to Joy" are often marked… More »