Health Problems & Symptoms
Position:Health Problems 101 > Menopause > Content

Can women go through menopause more than once?

No, but menopause can go through several distinct phases! Any Suggestions here?


  1. Theophilus Reply:

    I had this when I stopped using the pill after hnvaig used it about seven years. Thankfully I stopped because I wanted a break from the hormones (I was single at the time) not because I wanted to conceive.It took almost a year before my natural cycles returned, I was infertile until they did. The doctor told me this is not that uncommon when coming of the pill. (Which I would have liked to know BEFORE I started on the damn pills!) We decided to give my body a year to get back on track by itself before taking further action because I wasn’t trying to conceive. I would have gotten medication to help me get my cycle back if I had been trying to conceive.In the end I didn’t need the medication though, just before the year was over my period returned. With a vengeance, it seemed like 12 months worth of periods all rolled into one ten day period.I’d say give it another month and if you don’t get your period by then, go see your doctor.

  2. Chrystal Reply:

    Hormonal changes develop when a woman is pregnant; however, women Even though a woman is no longer ovulating, her body may continue to go through a See your gynecologist if cramps persist for more than a year after periods stop. The drop in estrogen and progesterone levels during menopause can cause Source:

  3. Diana Reply:

    Women often go through menopause at about the same age as their mothers did. Medical The signs and symptoms of menopause can be different from woman to woman. The loss of These changes and symptoms may include one or more of the following: . You may also need a pelvic exam at least once a year.

  4. Meaghan Reply:

    As a woman approaches and begins menopause she may worry about all the changes that are going on and try to cut back on calories, which often means milk and dairy. But, in fact, a woman’s need for calcium goes up. They need to get adequate … Source:

  5. Odilia Reply:

    Years ago women in menopause seldom got pregnant, how is it that women are now able to get pregnant?

  6. Samantha Reply:

    Interesting and sensible questions!1) Increased chances doesnt mean double! It could be that one factor increases your chance of something by 10% and another factor increases it by 5%! Even if you have both factors together, your chances are still only increased by 15%! Although sometimes its more complicated than that and having both factors changes your risk in a different way, by acting syngeneically (ie the total is more than the sum of the parts, e!g! 25%) or to a lesser degree, where the total is less than the sum of the parts, but still more than either one alone (e!g! 12%) I dont know what the exact case is for the two risk factors you mention!2) Having a baby alters your hormones significantly! Your breasts are doing what they were designed for – making milk to feed a baby! Even if you dont actually breastfeed they still go through the process of getting ready to make milk! Breastfeeding for 12+ months over your lifetime (could be 6 months each with 2 babies) reduces your breast cancer risk too! Also, while you are pregnant and breast feeding you dont have periods! So your body does not have the regular cycle of hormonal changes!3) Yes it could be a decrease in size! Tumours can regress (shrink) naturally in response to changes in your body, or if your immune system starts to attack the tumour! Breast cancers in particular are often sensitive to oestrogen, so as the level of oestrogen rises and falls with your monthly cycle, it is possible that the tumour could grow and shrink! Shrinking could also be a bad sign – that the tumour is breaking up and parts of it are migrating through your bloodstream! This is called metastasis, but it usually occurs at the single-cell level and not in big enough chunks that you would feel a difference!

  7. Merna Reply:

    Adult women who have their ovaries removed however, go immediately into surgical go through menopause on average 3.7 years earlier than the expected age. These variations become more pronounced over time, and eventually lead to . can be declared to be in postmenopause once she has gone 12 full months

Your Answer

Spamer is not welcome,every link should be moderated.