You may have similar questions as How To Make Fake Rocks and How To Paint Fake Rocks,or you may also seek several useful information about How To Build Fake Rocks. In addition,you may be interested in answers related to How to Make Lightweight Fake Rocks,too. Read more as following:
If you want to make fake rocks, the best place to start is your local craft store. While there, buy some neutral colored paint, like gray and black, and some Styrofoam that you can mold and cut into the appropriate shapes. Then paint, allow to dry, and done!
To make a fake rock you can take a piece of Styrofoam and cut it into the rock shape desired. Spray paint the rock gray and add indention…. More »
1. Lay down a base layer of earth tone color, such as a shade of brown, gray, or beige. Let the paint dry fully and apply a second coat as needed. 2. Mix a second, lighter shade of paint. Combine one part white paint with four parts of the color you… More »
1. Mold a piece of chicken wire into the outline and general shape you would like your fake rock to be. This will be the skeleton of your fake rock. 2. Prepare your papier-mache mixture. Combine one part flour and two parts water in a large bowl. Mix… More »
1. Hold the rock up to a bright light source, such as a lamp, and take note of any speckles or cracks on the rock’s surface. Real rocks have a smooth or bumpy exterior, and may appear to have crystals on the surface when moved around. Fake rocks are… More »
1. Measure the dimensions of the area where you’d like to install the fake rock. For example, if you’d like to install fake rock along a panel of your wall, measure the length and width of that panel. Write down your measurements. Purchase a panel of… More »
1. Spray paint a paper bag with spray paint that is a rock-like color like gray, light brown or yellow. Allow the paint to dry for an hour. Spray one more coat to get an even color. 2. Squeeze the bag into a crumpled ball shape and un-crumple. Paint… More »